1. Defining Scope and Stakeholders
Updated by Global Symbols with UNICEF ECARO
The ecosystem we establish is based upon a well-designed delivery chain and should always start by ensuring we know what resources and expertise are already available within the country, before identifying what additional resources from overseas might be required.
The details of the aim and purpose of any project may vary from community to community. But the outcome should be similar. That is to:
- establish an AAC Technology solution that is appropriate to the community
- ensure a symbol set and resources developed reflect community, language and culture
- build capacity with the community for future needs
- establish an outcome that is sustainable and replicable.
Once such an outcome is identified, a number of initial steps should be taken leading to a project plan.