6b. Text to Speech solutions and different languages
Updated by Global Symbols with UNICEF ECARO
- Currently, Cboard supports 40+ languages.
- Cboard can be used with the existing Google or Samsung Text to Speech (TTS) included in current tablets running the Android operating system.
- To use Cboard with another TTS designed for a specific language, that TTS must be installed from the Google Play Store or a link provided by the vendor.
- The AAC Forum should evaluate the existing TTS solution for a particular language in terms of the quality of the TTS voices at the word and sentence level.
- If there is a TTS for the country that is not free, the office of UNICEF should start a discussion with vendors to explore possible agreements that would result in reduction or removal of fees for end users. See the example from North Macedonia.